- A. Exposition on the Theme by Paa Kow Quansah (Co-ordinator)
Theme: Be awake; holy and led by the Spirit (Rev 16:15, Eph 1:4, Rom 8:5-9, Gal 5:16-26)
1. Be awake (Rev 16:15, 2 Pet 3:10, Jn 10:10, 1 Thess 5:2, Rev 3:3)
It is a clarion call for all of us, an alarm if you please. If you are asleep, wake up and become conscious of your surroundings. If you are half asleep, please wake up! If you are awake, become extra awake. People build walls and have other security measures to take care of material things; what are your spiritual security measures?
Remember: time with the Lord is very important that’s why Satan tries to steal that. Be on your guard.It’s time to return to your first love.
2. Holinesss (Lev 11:44, Eph 1:4, 1 Pet 1:13-16, Rom 12:2)
Holy: consecrated/sanctified, set apart for holy use. Should be an everywhere affair; not just in church.
It’s God who calls us to be holy. We should be holy for Him and not pretend because of our Christian brothers and sisters. Keep to the standards of Christ-always go back to the bible. And when you fall, run back to God immediately! A time will come when your faith will be tested; when that time comes, remember God loves you and is with you.
3. Being led by the Spirit
We are encouraged to surrender all and yield to the direction of the Holy Spirit. Be led by the Spirit in all you do. Let the Holy Spirit guide you in all you do so God is glorified by your life.
B. Expectations of Archbishop Palmer Buckle of the CCR in the Greater Accra Region
- Encouraging intense holiness
- Quality growth in the Catholic faith
- Contribute to evangelization
- Call to cultivate the spirit of self reliance
- Deepen the communion with the parish community and the universal church